[Dovecot] Error: Corrupted index cache file /xxx/yyy/zzz/indexes/.INBOX/dovecot.index.cache: invalid record size

florent at coppint.com florent at coppint.com
Fri Dec 9 16:30:20 EET 2011

Hi all,

I got a problem with a Dovecot IMAP/POP installation.

Since a recent failure of our distributed file system (no loss of data
btw), Dovecot seems to have a problem with index cache files.

For a
lot of accounts, I have this error in logs:

Error: Corrupted index
cache file /xxx/yyy/zzz/indexes/.INBOX/dovecot.index.cache: invalid
record size

If I delete all files from /indexes/ directory, it still
occurs...

Do you see what can cause this problem ? Or what information
can I provide to help ?

Our distributed FS is MooseFS. Dovecot is
configured like if it was NFS (no mmap, etc...).

Thank you for your
help :)

Flo