[Dovecot] database failover

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 12:07:48 EET 2011

Trying to get dovecot to _only_ use local copy of database, only querying
another database server (same database, just replicated) if local copy is
not responding, I have google fu'd a bit and found my only answer in so far
as dovecot did this once upon as time, but it was only due to a dovecot
bug, that has since been fixed, is that so?
The wiki shows no information of failover, just load sharing, or is it an
undocumented feature, or can dovecot not do failover, if not, can it be
made so?

Trying to cut down on network traffic, postfix does this nicely, I thought
dovecot did too.