[Dovecot] Refiltering mails without loosing flags

Dieter Knopf dieterknopf at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 12 02:42:48 EET 2011

Hello,

is there a way to refilter all mails in a folder without loosing all
flags and moving all messages in a different folder?

I have >10k mails in my Inbox and need to create new filterrules from
time to time. But there is no way to refilter my inbox without moving.

Atm i need to move all mails in a folder like "refilter" and then run
getmail/... to refilter the mails. It would be really nice to refilter
a existing
folder and just move mails with hits in the filter list.

Thanks

Dieter