[Dovecot] Two important new Pigeonhole v0.3 features

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Dec 17 01:25:21 EET 2011

Hello Dovecot users,

Pigeonhole v0.3 for Dovecot v2.1 has two new features I would like you
to play with before I make a first release:

1) The new Sieve editheader extension
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5293). This allows modifying the headers
of the message before delivery. This is actually the first implemented
extension that can modify the message itself in any way. This feature
adds quite a bit of new code that I'd like to see tested more thoroughly.

2) The new sieve-filter tool (documented in the sieve-filter(1) man page
upon installation). This allows (re-)filtering messages that are already
stored in a particular mailbox. It preserves the assigned IMAP flags and
keywords and using the imap4flags extension these can also be modified.
It also plays nice with the editheader extension. Judging by postings in
this mailing list from the last few years, this is a highly-demanded
feature and I'm glad that I finally got around to finish this thing. If
the new sieve-filter tool is lacking certain features in your opinion,
just let me know. Needless to say: read the man page carefully and watch
out with important mail.

This is currently only available from the mercurial repository, but if
you prefer to have an .rc1 release first, just tell me and I'll make
one. The automatic Debian repository already includes these features.

Regards,

Stephan.