[Dovecot] Using Amazon S3 storage for Maildir ?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:35:00 EET 2011

I wonder if anyone has tried using an IMAP server with Amazon S3 as a
backend.   There would be many factors to consider (speed, etc).
However, moreso, I don't know that Maildir(++) would support multiple
folders that might be linked into the cloud.  For example, higher-I/O
local incoming mail is on disk, some folders archived on S3.   Could be
easily done by simply creating another account and storing its Maildir
in S3 --

Curious....