[Dovecot] Sieve too rfc compliant ;-)

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Tue Dec 20 16:38:15 EET 2011

It seems we have a few email addresses that are not RFC 5322 compliant,
and now that we've started using sieve these are failing. The problem is
that we have a few addresses with leading, trailing or double dots in
the local part:

	jan..frode at tanso.net
	.janfrode at tanso.net
	janfrode. at tanso.net

I believe these has been working fine with everything else in dovecot
(lda, lmtp, imap, pop), but that sieve is more strict. I think it's fair
enough that it's strict with messages generated by sieve scripts, but it
would be nice if it could be more tolerant with messages addressed for
the sieve script.

So, is there any setting for making it more tolerant ?

  -jf