[Dovecot] Received date no longer email date?

Brian L. Matthews blmatthews at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 00:21:49 EET 2011

I just upgrade from dovecot 1.2 to dovecot 2.0.16. I use dovecot as a
local IMAP server to archive email from my corporate email account (on
Exchange). I don't have any automated archiving, I just periodically
move messages from my Exchange inbox to the IMAP inbox. I'm on Mac OS X
10.6.8 using Entourage as my mail client.

In the previous version of dovecot, the Received date of the email was
preserved when I moved a message, but it's not in 2.0.16, it's set to
the date and time I move the message. If I open a message, the date
displayed is the date on the message as expected.

I converted my config from 1.2 with

$ doveconf -n -c dovecot.conf > dovecot-2.conf

It spit out various warnings but, once I'd created a dovenull user,
seemed to work fine.

Here's my configuration info:

$ dovecot --version
2.0.16
$ dovecot -n
# 2.0.16: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Darwin 10.8.0 i386
disable_plaintext_auth = no
listen = 127.0.0.1
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
passdb {
   args = login
   driver = pam
}
service auth {
   user = root
}
service imap-login {
   process_limit = 16
}
service imap {
   process_limit = 64
}
ssl = no
userdb {
   driver = passwd
}

I'd like to get it back to preserving the Received date, any help you
can provide will be appreciated.

Brian