[Dovecot] Quota ignore issue

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 2 23:33:55 EET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 11:54 -0800, Tim Traver wrote:

> But, it looks like when a new spam email is delivered, before the sieve
> rules in the lda can move it into the spam folder, it is added to the
> maildirsize file. Then, once it is moved into the Spam folder, if it is
> directly expunged from the folder, it isn't subtracted from maildirsize
> file.

I can't reproduce this, it's never added to quota when delivering to
Spam. Try to reproduce with a simpler setup.

> Hmmm...maybe its the structure of the default sieve command that I have
> that is making it want to add it?

It should happen only when the message is actually saved somewhere (you
sure there's not a copy saved to some archive/something?)

> plugin {
>   quota = maildir:User quota
>   quota_rule = Trash:storage=+100M
>   quota_rule2 = Spam:ignore
>   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
>   sieve_after = /home/mailboxes/sieve/to_spam_folder.sieve
>   sieve_dir = ~/Maildir/sieve
>   sieve_extensions = +notify +imapflags
> }

Try:

1) removing the sieve_* settings

2) Use a simple Sieve script for a test user:

require "fileinto";
fileinto "Spam";
stop;

3) Run from command line:

doveadm quota get -u username
echo "Hello world" | /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d username
doveadm quota get -u username

With these and latest v2.0 from hg (but I don't remember any related
fixes for a long time) the quota never increased.