[Dovecot] Outlook 2010 IMAP disconnected

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Thu Feb 3 13:39:30 EET 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:27:52 +0200
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> articulated:

> On 3.2.2011, at 10.24, Luigi Rosa wrote:
> > A customer moved from a previous version of Outlook to 2010.
> >
> > When he forces the synchronization of the IMAP folders he gets this
> > error:
> >
> > Disconnected for inactivity.
> >                Protocollo:         IMAP
> >                Server: mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >                Porta:   143
> >                Codice errore:  0x800CCCDD
> >
> > Dovecot simply logs this:
>
> No idea.
>
> > Feb  3 09:20:34 server dovecot: imap(xxxx): Disconnected: Logged out
> > bytes=2488/534485
> > Feb  3 09:20:34 server dovecot: imap(xxxx): Disconnected: Logged
> > out bytes=63/815
>
> This means that Outlook actually issued a LOGOUT command. Nothing
> Dovecot can do about a client wanting to log out.

I did some quick research, and it appears that the problem is the way a
NOOP command is handled. Googling did provide a few solutions. I would
strongly suggest the the OP consider joining an MS forum that supports
Outlook and ask his question(s) there. Between both forums the OP
should be able to find an acceptable solution for his system.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net