[Dovecot] Outlook 2010 IMAP disconnected

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 4 16:00:27 EET 2011

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 12:58:58 +0100
Sven Hartge <sven at svenhartge.de> articulated:

> Luigi Rosa <lists at luigirosa.com> wrote:
>
> > Disconnected for inactivity.
> >                Protocollo:         IMAP
> >                Server: mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >                Porta:   143
> >                Codice errore:  0x800CCCDD
>
> Have a look at <http://markmail.org/message/ggdsfvxyhzstjwd6>.

I found this on an MS forum. It pertains to Outlook 2007 but may work on
the 2010 version.

<quote>
1) In MS Outlook 2007, click on 'Tools'
2) Move mouse over 'Send/Receive' to bring up additional menu
3) Move mouse over 'Send/Receive settings' to bring up additional menu.
4) Click on 'Define Send/Receive Groups'
5) Under the Setting for Group "All accounts", uncheck box which reads "Schedule an automatic/send receive every....".

I also unchecked the box under "Schedule an automatic/send receive every...." under 'When Outlook is Offline'
</quote>

There are several posts questioning what the mailserver does when it
actually receives a NOOP command. Perhaps I can elicited from Timo
exactly what Dovecot does in that situation?

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net