[Dovecot] Dovecot 2 multiple address/port binding

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Feb 4 16:43:11 EET 2011

Hello,

Sorry, I know the topic has been talked about already but I searched the
archives and I'm still unsure of the proper way to have dovecot (imap-login)
listen to several addresses and/or several ports.

1. how do I translate dovecot-1

protocol imap {
  listen = xx.xx.xx.xx:143 yy.yy.yy.yy:143
  ssl_listen = xx.xx.xx.xx:993 yy.yy.yy.yy:939
}

I started by

service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    port = 143
  }
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }

but I don't know if I should add multiple "address" lines, other inet_listener
{} sections, or multiple address on the same "address" line.

2. besides I don't know if it's possible to listen on the same address to
several ports for the same "subservice" : for instance could I have an
inet_listener imap {} listen on zz:zz:zz:zz:port1 and zz:zz:zz:zz:port2 ?

Thanks

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau