[Dovecot] Outlook 2010 IMAP disconnected

Luigi Rosa lists at luigirosa.com
Sat Feb 5 07:47:35 EET 2011

Jerry said the following on 04/02/11 15:00:

>>> Disconnected for inactivity.
>>>                 Protocollo:         IMAP
>>>                 Server: mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>                 Porta:   143
>>>                 Codice errore:  0x800CCCDD

> I found this on an MS forum. It pertains to Outlook 2007 but may work on
> the 2010 version.

Yesterday I made some tests with this user.

Previously he had Outlook 2007 with the same settings and no problem at all.

The problem arises mainly (if not only) during the initial mailbox scan.

The user has more than one IMAP account configured.

For now the problem seems to be solved by telling Outlook to download only the
message headers during the scan and the entire message only if the user opens it.

Thank you everyone fot the hints about this issue.

Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--

To err is human; to really screw things up requires the root password.