[Dovecot] maildrop and multi-dbox

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at arcor.de
Sun Feb 6 14:04:43 EET 2011

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 12:56:55 +0100
Pascal Volk <user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org> wrote:

> On 02/06/2011 10:36 AM Manfred Lotz wrote:

> > My question now: Is it correct that then I cannot longer use
> > maildrop and would need to switch do dovecot-lda?
> >

> Yes, only dovecot-lda and Dovecot's lmtp are able to store messages in
> mailboxes using dbox format. But both can use the sieve plugin for
> mail filtering.
>

> Regards,
> Pascal

Thanks much. That is what I thought.

I tried to figure out how to use dovecot-lda and sieve. The most
difficult part was to find documentation how to code the sieve file.
But I got it working.

The next question is how to incorporate bogofilter?

The only way I figured out to do that was to have a small script like
this:

#! /bin/sh

/usr/bin/bogofilter -u -e -p | /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -a manfred

and to name that script as mda in fetchmail's .fetchmailrc file.

Is there a better way?

--
Manfred