[Dovecot] lmtp error at domains containing "-" sign

ckubu ckubu at so36.net
Mon Feb 7 15:01:10 EET 2011

hi,

> > > I want to deliver mail with rcipient prameter "-", we spoked about that
> > > at thread "LMTP with address extension" and after your patch and
> > > version 2.0.8 that works.
> > >
> > > But now, there's an another much greater problem. No mails to adresses,
> > > which domain-part contains an "-" sign wil be delivered (i.e.
> > > test at aku-punkt-berlin.de). lmtp is looking about the user "test at aku"
> > > instead of "test at aku-punkt-berlin.de" and the following logentries
> > > appears:
> >
> > http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/c34d871a7bb6 should fix this.
>
> yes, it works well. thanks timo...

Sorry, but now i went into another problem: for _normal_ mailboxes of type
name1-name2 at domain.tld, no mail will be delivered. lmtp said "User doesn't
exist" - lmtp is looking of user "name1 at domain.tld".

Is it possible, that for mails, whose local-part contains the
recipient_delimeter, lmtp first checks existence of a user with full local
part address and afterward, if no user was found, checks local part without
extension?

All my problems concerning the recipient parameter are the result of changing
mailsystem from qmail+vpopmail (with default mail extension settings) to
postfix+dovecot+lmtp (with non standard recipient_delimeter). Maybe you
think, thats a very special situation and theres no sense in implementing
that to dovecot. that would be ok too.

greetings
christoph