[Dovecot] ldap: LDAP attribute used multiple times. This is currently unsupported

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Tue Feb 8 17:23:21 EET 2011

Hi,

I have a problem when migrating from dovecot 1.0 to dovecot 1.2 (Debian
lenny to Debian squeeze).

In my dovecot-ldap.conf I have:

user_attrs =
homeDirectory=home,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid,uid=system_groups_user

I use the last parameter for the groups which I need for shared folders.

If I only use this, everything works. However, I also use LDAP as passdb
with prefetch:

pass_attrs =
uid=user,userPassword=password,homeDirectory=userdb_home,uidNumber=userdb_uid,gidNumber=userdb_gid,uid=userdb_system_groups_user

In this configuration I get the error in the subject line that uid is
used multiple times.

I know, but the message is somehow "weird" since it says it is
*currently* unsupported. However, it seems to me that it is not
supported any more.
Is this true? Is there a reason for this?

How can I fix this problem?
Until now my shared folders do not works anymore because the group
memberships are not assigned any more because of the missing
system_groups_user parameter.

Best regards,
Luke