[Dovecot] NoSQL Storage Backend

Oliver Eales jester at arcor-so.net
Tue Feb 8 15:07:27 EET 2011

Am 08.02.2011 13:22, schrieb Marten Lehmann:
> Hello,
>
> I found a posting on the mailing list from 2008 "Adding new storage
> backend to Dovecot" while searching for POP3 and IMAP servers, that
> allow to use a NoSQL backend rather than a traditional file system.

There has been a recent mail from Timo regarding the future development
plans for 2.1 where he mentioned a key/value storage backend.
http://dovecot.markmail.org/message/juecu7wm2nwkluji?q=plans+2.1

> Isn't this option of big interest for every bigger mailbox provider?
> How hard would it be to develop? Would it be possible to get this
> developed on a paid basis by the dovecot core team?
I am also very interested on seeing this implemented, maybe also on a
paid basis....
I think the core team is Timo :-)

Regards,
Oliver