[Dovecot] critical feature from version 1 not migrated to version 2 = authentication configuration database per IP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 9 09:42:24 EET 2011

On 9.2.2011, at 9.37, DaLiV at apollo.lv wrote:

> existing version 1 config file, that allow such configuration:
> -------- /etc/dovecot.conf BEGIN ----------------
> server mail.domain1.tld {

I'm surprised that this server block really worked for you. I only remember having problems with it, and that's why its existence is well hidden. In v2.0 the idea is anyway that you could do:

local mail.domain1.tld {
  ..
}
local mail.domain2.tld {
  ..
}

But this unfortunately doesn't currently work for auth settings. I'll get around to doing it at some point.. There is actually probably one horribly ugly way to make this already work, but it's so bad I don't really even want to suggest it (involving creating duplicate service blocks for different IPs and chrooting their processes to different dirs)..