[Dovecot] Using -s in "doveadm mailbox create"

Christoph Pleger Christoph at plmail.de
Wed Feb 9 21:57:01 EET 2011

Hello,

it seems that "doveadm mailbox create" does not handle the mailbox parameters
correctly if used with the "-s"-Parameter.

I am using the following command in a script for adding new users:

doveadm mailbox create -u "${ACCOUNT}" -s INBOX Drafts Sent Trash Spam
Templates

This creates mailboxes Drafts, Sent, Trash, Spam and Templates, but not INBOX.
Likewise, when I omit INBOX in the command, only Sent, Trash, Spam and
Templates are created, but not Drafts. With only one mailbox parameter, I get
an error message about incorrect usage. When I enter the command without
the "-s"-Parameter, all given mailboxes are created.

As a workaround, I have to use the command without "-s" first and then
call "doveadm mailbox subscribe".

Regards
  Christoph