[Dovecot] LDAP and GSSAPI problems

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 10 01:17:37 EET 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 20:49 -0700, Trever L. Adams wrote:

> Timo, is it possible for you to add that "import_environment
> =KRB5_KTNAME=/etc/dovecot/krb5.keytab KRB5CCNAME =/etc/dovecot/krb5.cc"

So you've tried that doing this via auth.sh script that sets those
before calling dovecot/auth works?

> (does this really need to be set over and over or can the master process
> set it and have the environment inherited... it has been a long time
> since I did any coding related to environment variables accross forks,
> etc.)?

Environment is inherited, but Dovecot explicitly clears it at the
startup of each process, so any unnecessary stuff gets dropped out. But
it would be possible to add e.g. DOVECOT_PRESERVE_ENVS that lists which
environments variables should be preserved.