[Dovecot] multiple domains

Sergio Moscoso sergiotm22 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:53:44 EET 2011

Thank you for your reply. I've tried to configure with the option that you
suggest but I can't login via POP3(110).

Maybe if I can explain in detail you can help me.

I have 2 domains, domain1 domain2
I also have 2 users with the same user name "user1" for both domains.
user1 at domain1.com
user1 at domain2.com

With the current configuration I can login with both users, but I need to
use in the login proccess user1 at domain1.com or user1 at domain2.com with their
respective passwords, thing that I don't want.

In other configuration with qmail, I have a command "vipmap", that as how
can explain before it uses for mapping an IP to a domain, in this case I use
as shows as follows:_
telnet mail.domain1.com 110
and I login only with only user name "user1" (for example), the vipmap is in
charge to traduce the domain1.com in its repective IP address. Same result
whith domain2.

I hope I could explain you.

Thank u in advance

Sergio