[Dovecot] Connection refused. Mail Client Error: 800ccccd9. Please help :-))))

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Sat Feb 12 02:04:40 EET 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:30:49 +0200
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> articulated:

> On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 10:44 +0100, michael at lattari.eu wrote:
> >
> > I cannot connect to the dovecot server :-( I get Windows Mail Client
> > Error: 800ccccd9. Please help :-))))
>
> No one but Microsoft can guess what that error message might mean.
> Especially since Google only finds your mail with that.

I guess you have to know how to Google. :)

MEANING:

	0x800CCCD9 IMAP_CONNECTION_REFUSED Connection not allowed.

That, plus other useful codes can be found at this URL:

	http://www.xcontact.ro/outlook-express-error-codes-39.html

I leave it as an exercise for the end user to correct the problem,
unless they would be kind enough to post the output of "dovecot -n"
along with their system OS type, version, etc (both systems). I would
advise the user to pay particular attention to their AV software and
firewall settings. the problem has an uncanny habit of originating
there.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net