[Dovecot] Can't connect to auth server

KokTis i80486dx at mail.ru
Sun Feb 13 12:53:21 EET 2011

I had such problem, and I didn't find any information about "auth-master"
socket
My mail.log was pretty clear, but there were several repeating "...Error:
Can't connect to auth server at /var/run/dovecot/auth-master: No such file
or directory" in the /etc/dovecot/dovecot.log. It was lasting several days
while I was searching about this issue.
Finally I found one old entry in dovecot.log :"Error: auth(default): mysql:
Missing value in connect string: host", I rechecked my
/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf and there was one extra space in connection
string.
"connect = host =127.0.0.1" instead of
"connect = host=127.0.0.1"
Now mail-server works perfectly and "auth-master" was created automatically
in the /var/run/dovecot directory. =)