[Dovecot] Upgrading Dovecot v1.0.10 -> v2.0.9

Jackie Hunt jackie at colostate.edu
Thu Feb 17 18:10:08 EET 2011

Hi all,

OK, I admit it.  I've seriously neglected our Dovecot installation.  I
installed version 1.0.10 in Jan 2008, and it has been a great workhorse
since then.  It has run like a champ, so it was ignored due to higher
priority projects.  But now it is time to get current with Dovecot, and
I really need your help.  We are using the mbox mailbox format.

First so I want to upgrade to 2.0.9, since it looks like that is the
latest version?  It looks like development is still happening on the 1.x
line, so do I need to get to the 2.x line?  Any
comments/suggestions/recommendations on that?  I know there are major
changes from 1.x -> 2.x..

Also, do I need to go through incremental upgrades?  I'm guessing
changes have been made to the index files and the dovecot
configuration.  Do those need to be done in steps, or can I made a major
leap forward?

I'd appreciate any input on this project.  I need to start planning.

Thanks so much!
Jackie