[Dovecot] Permission denied after dist-upgrade

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri Feb 18 04:05:02 EET 2011

Thomas Skowron put forth on 2/17/2011 6:19 PM:

> Versions seem to be okay. The only thing that has been updated on the
> server is the kernel (2.6.26-2-xen-amd64). Could this be possibly a problem?

Squeeze is built against kernel 2.6.32-5.  Although it is unlikely that
the old 2.6.26 kernel is related to this problem I guess it's possible.
 Regardless you should upgrade the kernel to the amd64 squeeze kernel.

Why are you running a Xen kernel?  That would suggest you're running
multiple virtual machines.  Are you?  Is this Dovecot server inside a
virtual machine?  If so, why are you reporting to us the kernel version
of the hypervisor instead of the guest OS?

I'm confused.  I'm guessing that's because you're more confused.  A
standard distribution upgrade shouldn't be causing these problems.  I'm
guessing something else is amiss here.

--
Stan