[Dovecot] dovecot permission problems

Calvin23 the.real.sens0r at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 19:34:31 EET 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to make a dovecot installation run on my freeBSD 8.1 server,
since quite a long time now, and I can't figure out how to solve my last
problem. I did quite a lot of searching and many people seem to have the
same problem, but I didn't manage to make any solution work on my host. So I
would be glad for every hint :-)

I'm using postfix with dovecot. Everything works just as expected, except
one little permission problem. When dovecot tries to deliver a mail to my
homedir everything is working out. I use fdm to connect to my server to
download the mails, and here is where things stop to work:
Here some logs: http://pastie.org/1579465
Here my dovecot -n output: http://pastie.org/1579489

I really tried a huge amount of different things, redesigned my whole
configuration file from scratch etc.

Does anybody has an idea how I could fix this little last problem I have
here? If you need more information, please don't hesitate to ask, I wasn't
sure what I should provide and didn't want to spam too much ;)

With best regards,
Calvin23