[Dovecot] Smart IMAP proxying with imapc storage

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Feb 19 08:19:46 EET 2011

On 19.2.2011, at 1.03, Chris Davies wrote:

> Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> * Fixing Exchange's (and everyone else's) IMAP support by being in
>> front of it
>
> Davmail makes a nice job of this. I see no reason why you couldn't
> inspect its code, should you want to do so.

Interesting project. However, I find it doubtful that it can implement a fully compliant IMAP server in just 1700 lines of code. A quick look shows that its LIST/LSUB handling code has been written to just handle a couple of IMAP clients, not a full correct support. I don't see it handling FETCH BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (x y z)] at all. Probably other things too.