[Dovecot] How to disable imap of some user

邓卫华 dengwh at bestcheer.com
Tue Feb 22 05:22:07 EET 2011

Hi, Pascal

 thanks, that's great. it's work in our test
environment. but i have a problem in mail server.

i have a user manage
program of mail server, runing on mysql. it had a disableIMAP
disablePOP3, disablesmtp column in user table.

that's easy if i can
modify password_query.

 i had writed :" select user,password from user
where username='%u' and contact('disable',%s)='0' " in password_query,
but it is not work and i got

"Password query failed: Column count of
mysql.proc is wrong. Expected 20, found 16. Created with MySQL 50077" in
maillog file.

so ,how to modify password_query to get work?

Thanks.

Deng

02/19/2011 02:20 PM 邓卫华 wrote:
>> Dear Pascal, thanks for your reply
ASAP. can i only add pop3 and imap column in the password table, and not
to add sieve and smtp column? can password not verified if there have
not existing smtp and sieve column?
> You don't need to add the column
sieve as long as do not provide MamageSieve. I don't know if you use
Dovecot's SASL¹ for SMTP-Auth. If not. you did not need to add the smtp
column. When you don't add the sieve column but provide ManageSieve, the
login will always fail because an SQL error '… unknown column sieve …'
The first example query was wrong, sorry. The correct one would be:
SELECT user, password FROM tbl WHERE user = '%u' AND %s See also
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Variables [1] for further details. Regards,
Pascal -- 1 = http://wiki.dovecot.org/Sasl [2]

--
Best Cheer (XiaMen)