[Dovecot] http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=4266798#post4266798

Asiri asiri.raja at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 05:52:03 EET 2011

Hi,

We set up a new mail server and moved users' "cur,new and tmp" folders only
into new mail server from old server.In other words we did not copy and
paste dovecot.index,dovecot-uidlist,etc into new server from old server
because they were created automatically.After bringing the new server
up,users(microsoft office outlook) complained their imap folders are
missing.I investigated and found below information;

I can see those missing imap folders in old server under 'dovecot-uidlist'
as follows;

[root at mail ~]# vi /var/vmail/abc.com.au/kerrie/
.Deleted Items/
dovecot.index
dovecot.index.cache
dovecot.index.log
dovecot.index.log.2
dovecot-uidlist
.INBOX.Air &- Gas/
.INBOX.Amex/
.INBOX.Caltex Starcard/
.INBOX.Creditors NSW/
.INBOX.Creditors NSW.Statements and Invoices/
.INBOX.Creditors QLD/
.INBOX.Creditors QLD.Invoices and Statements/
.INBOX.Debtors/
.INBOX.Export/
.INBOX.Followmont Transport/
.INBOX.Gameco New Zealand/.Junk E-mail/

But in new server,'dovecot-uidlist' is not containing those folders.

[root at mail ~]# vi /var/vmail/abc.com.au/kerrie/Maildir/
cur/ dovecot-uidlist .Sent Items/
.Deleted Items/ .Drafts/ subscriptions
dovecot.index .Junk E-mail/ tmp/
dovecot.index.cache new/ .Trash/
dovecot.index.log .Sent/

So I want to have those missing folders which are already in old server in
new server too.So users can see their disappeared imap folders again.I saw
in dovecot wiki,it is not recommended to edit 'dovecot-uidlist'
manually.Please give me a solution.Thank you in advance.