[Dovecot] Segmentation fault running doveadm import

Maria Arrea maria_arrea at gmx.com
Tue Feb 22 14:07:34 EET 2011

I have followed the instructions about bug reports /generating cores located at http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html . You should consider adding additional info for cores & Red Hat Systems to your wiki, this link was very informative: http://www.akadia.com/services/ora_enable_core.html

 As user "entrega":

 -bash-3.2$ ulimit -c
 unlimited

 In /etc/init.d/dovecot I have added "ulimit -c unlimited" at the beginning of the script

 In /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf I have added mail_debug=yes

 *gdb --args doveadm import -u ox101 at us.es mdbox:/backup/bacula-restores/buzones/mysite/15/b1/ox101/ "" all*

 gdb --args doveadm import -u ox101 at us.es mdbox:/backup/bacula-restores/buzones/mysite/15/b1/ox101/ "" all
 GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.0.1-32.el5_6.2)
 There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
 and "show warranty" for details.
 This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
 Reading symbols from /usr/bin/doveadm...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
 (gdb) run
 Starting program: /usr/bin/doveadm import -u ox101 at us.es mdbox:/backup/bacula-restores/buzones/mysite/15/b1/ox101/ '' all
 warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x2aaaaaaab000
 Executing new program: /usr/bin/doveconf
 Executing new program: /usr/bin/doveadm

 0x00002aaaaaada400 in ?? ()
 (gdb) bt full
 #0 0x00002aaaaaada400 in ?? ()
 No symbol table info available.
 #1 0x0000000000409709 in ?? ()
 No symbol table info available.
 #2 0x0000000000409b37 in doveadm_mail_try_run ()
 No symbol table info available.
 #3 0x000000000040dddc in main ()
 No symbol table info available.

 No core generated, no relevant log info in /var/log/maillog. What can I do to make a better bug report?

 Regards

 Maria