[Dovecot] shared folder

Eric Broch ebroch at whitehorsetc.com
Tue Feb 22 18:43:52 EET 2011

  Hello list,

I have dovecot-1.2.3 installed on my mail server. I created a shared
directory which works fine, however, this shared directory has over 16GB
of email and when users, 40 to 50 of them, login to their IMAP account
and download of the contents of this shared folder begins on their
machines it bogs down the server to a crawl. I had to comment out the
share it was so bad. Is there a way to implement permissions on the
shared folder and add 1 or 2 users at a time so as not to bog down the
server.

Eric Broch