[Dovecot] Quotas from LDAP

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Wed Feb 23 01:55:05 EET 2011

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

>>> Won't work right now.
>>
>> Will it cause the mail to be bounced or just deferred? Or just
>> ignored and the first/last/random multi-value used? (I would try this
>> for myself, but I have no test-VM right now to do so.)

> %$ will simply be expanded to the same value however many times you
> use it (within the same , .., parameter).

OK, my question was worded badly. I will rephrase is with an example:

Given the following object:

dn: uid=foo,ou=bar
quotaBytes: 100000000
quotaBytes: 10000000

What happens with

 user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,quotaBytes=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$

in this case?

Some programms throw an error, exim4 for example defers the mail, if it
encounters an illegal combination of attributes and ldap lookup (e.g.
searching for a DN and the LDAP servers returns two or more matching
DNs, because the search filter was ambiguous)

I am just concerned with losing mails if for some reason an attribute
has two values while it is supposed to have only one.

(Of course, I would make sure to define any quota-attribute as single
value, but errors and mistakes happen and it would be nice, if dovecot
would handle such problems graceful.)

Grüße,
Sven

--