[Dovecot] Courier-mta with Dovecot LDA again

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 4 13:11:53 EET 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 13:03 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 11:59 +0100, komodo wrote:
> > [root at OVZ.mail ~]# /usr/sbin/sendmail -i -f '<>'  -- komodo at domain.com
> > 517 Syntax error.
>
> What is your /usr/sbin/sendmail? It shouldn't be behaving like this. You
> could try if /usr/lib/sendmail works better. If it does, set:
>
> sendmail_path = /usr/lib/sendmail

Right, looks like Courier's sendmail doesn't like the -i parameter. Its
purpose is to not stop when there's a line with only "." in it. So if
the -i parameter is removed and a rejected/vacation message body has a
line with only ".", the mail is truncated. So I don't think I want to
remove that parameter either.

You could of course create a sendmail.sh wrapper that removes the -i
parameter. Or use sendmail binary from something else than Courier.