[Dovecot] namespaces and noselect

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Tue Jan 4 18:18:55 EET 2011

On Tuesday, January  4 at 10:08 AM, quoth Kyle Wheeler:
> I just upgraded to v2.0.8 and was able to reproduce the problem. :(
>
> I don't see anything in the hg changelog summaries since 2.0.8 was
> released that suggest something related to this... hrm.
>
> If it helps understand the problem, here's a slightly different
> example of the problem:

Actually, this bug seems to be quite strange. Here's another IMAP
conversation (different account than before) that shows it happening
in one case and not happening in another.

2 LIST "" "%"
* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Sent Messages"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Notes"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Apple Mail To Do"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Deleted Messages"
2 OK List completed.
3 LIST "" "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
3 OK List completed.

What on earth could be going on?

~Kyle
--
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are
men who want rain without thunder and lightning.