[Dovecot] Converting from Maildir - sdbox

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Tue Jan 4 21:00:17 EET 2011

see the posts replying to my question on using dsync for converting
from sdbox to mdbox

however, I face a coredump (with 2.0.8) while
converting large imap accounts (and stuck there...)

On Tue, 04 Jan
2011 10:51:58 -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:

> OK - I thought this was
going to be easy. Maybe it is. I'm just not that
> good at reading
directions.

> Trying to use dsync. Getting this error:
>
> Mail
locations must use the same virtual mailbox hierarchy separator

(specify separator for the default namespace)

> Currently using
maildir. The setup is as follows:

> mail_uid = mail
> mail_gid =
mail
> mail_location =
maildir:/vhome/%d/home/%n:INDEX=/imap-cache/%d-%n

> I don't have any
namespace setting. Not quite sure what a namespace is
> or why I need
one.

> This is what I'm trying to run:
>
> dsync -u marc at perkel.com
[1] backup sdbox:/email/%d/home/%n

> What I'm hoping to do is do a
mass conversion while running. Then shut
> it down - do a second quick
pass - and bring it up in sdbox format.

> Thanks in
advance.