[Dovecot] dovecot v1.2.15 - Unknown dict module: quota - Fatal: Quota root storage=200000 proxy init [postfix, dovecot LDA, postfixadmin, mysql]

J4 junk4 at klunky.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 15:26:50 EET 2011

On 01/05/2011 01:36 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 21:07 +0100, JKL wrote:
>> plugin:
>>   quota: dict:storage=200000 proxy::quota
>>   quota: dict:storage=200000 proxy::quota:w
>> dict:
>>   quota: mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
> Are you sure you want to use dict quota? Maildir++ quota would be
> simpler.
>
> Anyway, the plugin { quota } lines are wrong (and there should be only
> one of them). Use:
>
> plugin {
>   quota = dict:user::proxy::quota
> }

Hi Timo,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

*** quota
Thank-you.  The error has now gone, and it generated a new one:D

    Dictionary URI is missing ':': quota

I am quite happy to use Maildir++ quota, so long as it'll work with
postfixadmin.

***  Regarding an upgrade to dovecot 2:
I shall upgrade to v2 when I have the current set-up working. It should
be easier to convert a working doveconf.conf file than a broken one.

I read on the dovecot wiki  [ http://wiki.dovecot.org/PrebuiltBinaries
]  that I could add this for v2.0:-
deb http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ testing-auto/dovecot-2.0 main
Since this is meant to be a production server, I changed the testing to
stable:
deb http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ stable-auto/dovecot-2.0 main
If the above is correct, then to upgrade should I:
1. backup my dovecot files
2. apt-get remove dovecot-imapd dovecot-common
3. apt-get -t stable-auto install dovecot-imapd dovecot-common  (I won't
use POP)
4. convert dovecot.conf :  doveconf -n -c dovecot-1.conf > dovecot-2.conf