[Dovecot] sdbox to mdbox

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Wed Jan 5 21:29:11 EET 2011

I tested this on my own mailbox. I have about 50 IMAP folders, about
25Gb of mails, and I do not know how many thousands of emails.

I think
the dsync shall not keep the file pointers opened, but process one ofter
another somehow, so there shall be no limit in mailboxes size.

19.33, Joan Moreau wrote:

>> dsync(jom at grosjo.net [1]): Error:
open(/data/mail2/grosjo.net/jom/storage/.temp.1294246748.P26952Q8500M325824.server,
O_CREAT) failed: Too many open files
> Hmm. This is the main problem.
How much messages do you have?.. I thought mdbox was supposed to keep
only a few files open. Maybe there's a bug in here..

>> Program
received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. mailbox_save_cancel
(_ctx=0x7fffffffdc78) at mail-storage.c:1419 1419 struct mailbox *box =
ctx->transaction->box;
> This crash is also now fixed by:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/7bdd06de6f5a