[Dovecot] Login with firstname.lastname instead of loginname - WORKING

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Thu Jan 6 14:17:04 EET 2011

* Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com>:
> On 05/01/2011 08:51, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> >3 years ago (!) I aksed about this and finally I implemented it today:

> Out of curiousity, given a userbase the size you have, why are you
> using unix users rather than say LDAP or SQL?

Traditional reasons. This system was installed over ten years ago and
was changed over time.

We first started with courier (I think?) or uw-imap (I have no idea -
mists of time and all that)

I just asked a colleague who still had the old docs I wrote ages ago. But
those were discarded when he changed offices.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin