[Dovecot] dovecot can't see mail that is there

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Thu Jan 6 21:10:04 EET 2011

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 19:45:46 +0100 Joachim Ferreira wrote:

  [ ... ]

> If I login into the account and check the mail with the alpine (ex pine)
> client, I see that there are 10 mails.

>From the Log I guess you're using POP, right?

> When I "telnet localhost pop3" and login into the account, the "list"
> command says there are 0 mails.

I guess the previous POP session downloaded them.

You may want to switch to IMAP.

$SEARCHENGINE may help you to learn about the difference
              between POP and IMAP.

--Frank Elsmer