[Dovecot] utility to copy/sync IMAP mailboxes

Don Buchholz buchholz at easystreet.net
Thu Jan 6 21:29:10 EET 2011

Well, my Dovecot server (v2.0.8) is up and running, and now it's time to
migrate mailboxes from the old mail server [Lotus Domino Release 5.0.8]
running on Windows NT 4.0 [ancient -- been the mail server since Aug-2000].

I saw "dsync(1)" and thought my troubles were over.  Only I can't figure
out how to make it work with the NT/Domino server as a source for mailboxes.
I guess dsync(1) works only in completely *nix environment.

I've been trying the imapcopy.pl script from the IMAP Tools web page
(http://www.athensfbc.com/imap_tools/), but it is having problems with
Notes' choice of the backslash (\) character as a mailbox (namespace?)
delimiter.

Any suggestions for a stable, reliable (copy/duplicate/mirror/sync) tool
that can do the job using only IMAP access?  (No SSL support required.)

Thanks in advance,
- Don