[Dovecot] Mail delivered, but lost?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Thu Jan 6 22:57:36 EET 2011

Running dovecot 1.2.9 on a Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS virtual machine.
Postfix receives messages and hands them over to deliver for local storage.
Today two mails came in that could not be found allthough they got delivered.

What catches my eye is the "?" in the msgid:

Jan  5 21:10:47 mail dovecot: deliver(consulting): msgid=?  <14847_1294258245_ZZh0g1h9eLfxL.00_fc2fe6e910f03.4d24de54 at uni-bielefeld.de>: saved mail to INBOX
Jan  5 21:27:26 mail dovecot: deliver(consulting): msgid=? <18995_1294259246_ZZh0g1hhis~T6.00_fc45b33d1281c.4d24e23d at uni-bielefeld.de>: saved mail to INBOX

Is that a known error? Anything I can do to fix that?

p at rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666