[Dovecot] auth_debug_passwords

Dave Brenner david at toledotel.com
Sat Jan 8 21:27:53 EET 2011

On 1/7/2011 4:32 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> It depends on what you need.. but, as  the subject suggests,
> auth_debug_passwords=yes does basically that for plaintext
> authentication. You just need to de-base64-decode base64 the
> base64-encoded data. If that's not enough for you, be more specific
> what exactly you need.

Based on the info we could find in the wiki and elsewhere, we were under
the impression that this feature would only log failed passwords.  But
after reading your response, we gave it a try and found that it will
give us exactly what we need.  The null between the user name and
password threw us off at first, though.  :-)

Thanks!