[Dovecot] Dovecot fails after updating MySQL

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Tue Jan 11 14:53:40 EET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht <
> bradley.giesbrecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 10, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Jerry wrote:
>>
>>  I just updated MySQL to Server version: 5.5.8 on my FreeBSD-8.2 system.
>>> Now Dovecot refuses to run. Prior to this, dovecot had been running for
>>> several
>>> years without a problem.
>>>

> Please recompile Dovecot again so that it re-links with the MySQL library.
> This is a known problem on FreeBSD with the upgrade from MySQL 5.5.7 ->
> 5.5.8. I believe the port maintainer has also incorporated a fix into the
> FreeBSD ports.

I all ready did that twice. I completely removed Dovecot before
reinstalling it the second time. The prolem still exists. In addition,
I am using th version of MySQL that the "port maintainer" supposed
fixed. I guess I will have no choice but to return to the older MySQL
version. I would be interrested todiscoverif this problem is isolated
strictly to FreeBSD + MySQL 5.5.8 however.

--
Jerry