[Dovecot] Dovecot fails after updating MySQL

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Tue Jan 11 17:14:16 EET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Maxim Kostikov <max.kostikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I believe that this is not Dovecot fault so all questions and
> complains must be addressed to MySQL developers.

I would question if that is factually correct. I did have a problem
with Postfix; however, after rebuilding Postfix it started working
correctly. For some unknown reason, that is not the case with Dovecot.
Therefore, until I have seen proof confirming that it is a "MySQL
5.5.8+" problem, I will continue to investigate why only Dovecot seems
to be exhibiting this behavior. I do intend to check on the MySQL
forum though for a possible solution.

By the way, I have KDE apps that are working fine with this newer
version of MySQL also.

--
Jerry