[Dovecot] Denying authentication

Romer Ventura rventura at h-st.com
Tue Jan 11 19:54:11 EET 2011

Hello,

                I've been running dovecot for over 3 years now and it works
with no problems. I have it setup so that it authenticates users against
Active Directory via LDAP and so far no problems.

                What I would like to know is if there is any way that I
could deny access for users trying to access email via cellphones or email
clients outside the company. I can close everything since there are a few
users that need to get emails from outside the company via cell phone of
email clients.

                I was thinking if there was a way to lets say create a group
in AD named: "remote-email" that will allow connection and authentication
from any network, any user not in that group will only be able to
authenticate if the source is 192.168.xx.xx/24.

Is this possible?

Maybe not with Dovecot, but maybe someone else has any ideas..?

Thanks

--------

Romer Ventura