[Dovecot] master: Error: service(imap): child 40100 killed with signal 11

interfaSys sàrl interfasys at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:59:05 EET 2011

On 13/01/2011 19:37, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 13.1.2011, at 21.01, interfaSys sàrl wrote:
>
>> Here is the info from the core file:
>
> That doesn't make much sense though.. Can you compile Dovecot without stripping debug symbols? Or you can you easily reproduce this? Can you try if you can crash without any plugins? It looks as the problem has to do with one the plugins..

I'll remove all CFLAGS and see what happens. I'll see if I can compile
just this module with a different config file so that I can remove
plugins one by one.

It crashes when I quit
# ./imap
* PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CH

                         TS=texk] Logged in as root
^C* BYE Server shutting down.
imap: Info: Server shutting down. bytes=6/9938474
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

>> Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/dovecot/lib90_antispam_plugin.so
>> Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols
>> found)...done.
>
> Did you recompile autospam plugin?

I recompiled both pigeonhole and antispam. I had to use the old
pigeonhole version as the current revision doesn't compile.