[Dovecot] Duplicate mail for forwards (dovecot+postfix+postfixadmin)

Darek M fafaforza at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:52:25 EET 2011

Dovecot 1.2.11, using postfixAdmin 2.3 to manage, basically using the
postfixadmin schema and sql queries during install.

- If I set a forward for an account to go to a remote email address, no dupes.

- If I set a forward for an account to go to an email address on the
same system, I get a dupe in the inbox of the second address.

So if account1 at domain.com has account2 at domain.com as a forward,
account2@ receives two copies of the same message, completely
identical, same message IDs, same md5 sum.  If I add account3@ into
the mix, account3@ will also receive two copies of each message.

I will also get a duplicate if I forward mail to
account at anotherdomain.com, where anotherdomain.com is also hosted on
the same system.

account1 at domain.com receives one copy.

Here is the Dovecot log:

Jan 18 17:24:40 deliver(account2 at domain.com): Info:
msgid=<4D361323.3040000 at srvr.net>: saved mail to INBOX
Jan 18 17:24:40 deliver(account1 at domain.com): Info:
msgid=<4D361323.3040000 at srvr.net>: saved mail to INBOX
Jan 18 17:24:40 deliver(account2 at domain.com): Info:
msgid=<4D361323.3040000 at srvr.net>: saved mail to INBOX

Postfix logs only show one delivery for each message, and since the
headers aren't changed at all, I think the lda is at fault here.

This is the entry for the account in the 'alias' table

========================
mysql> select * from alias where address='account1 at domain.com';
| address               | goto                                  |
domain     | created             | modified            | active |
| account1 at domain.com | account1 at domain.com,account2 at domain.com |
nyinet.com | 2010-11-28 18:07:40 | 2011-01-18 17:04:03 |      1 |

Anyone have an idea of what I should be looking at in a situation like
this?  Does the 'goto' field look fine?

--
Darek