[Dovecot] Problem with seeing mail after Upgrade from Courier

apettitt apettitt at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 17:43:45 EET 2011

I created a new server for a webmail system because the old server crashed.
When I created the server, I installed Dovecot and the old server had
Courier. On the new server, I'm doing virtual users where the old one
created system users. I moved all the folders over for all the users on to
the new server and ran the Courier-Dovecot migration script. The files were
created successfully with no issues. The issue I'm having now is that
Dovecot is not seeing any mail in the user's directory. If I create a new
user, it can send and receive mail with no problems. If I send an email to
an existing user, it gets delivered to the new folder but dovecot does not
see anything in the new folder.  There is also mail in the curr folder that
dovecot does not see.  I'm using Roundcube as a webmail client but I've also
tried using Telnet with the same results.

Any ideas?