[Dovecot] domain stripping

PA razor at meganet.net
Wed Jan 19 19:36:19 EET 2011

Hi, using dovecot 2.0 and I'm using a couple of user DBs, sql/prefetch and
pam. Currently if the user logins with username at domain it authenticates off
the sql DB and works fine. If the user logins with username with no @domain
it fails on the sql lookup and succeeds on the pam user DB.

However I was wondering if I can have another sql DB lookup that says when
the user logins and fails against the first two user DBs, sql/pam db, to try
this last sql user DB and appends a default domain to it, because the sql DB
lists username with the domain. Currently I have all users login in with no
realm on the older mail server and I wanted to migrate these users to
dovecot 2.x with minimal impact and wanted to have the ability for these
virtual users to login with and without a realm.

 Thanks paul.