[Dovecot] Delivered-To header without +extension ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Wed Jan 19 20:58:49 EET 2011

Pascal Volk wrote:

> On 01/19/2011 06:48 PM Per Jessen wrote:
>> … Was there any specific reason for having dovecot remove the
>> +extension?
>
> Timo and I talked about the Delivered-To w/ or w/o +ext on irc
> (#dovecot). I asked him to remove the extension from the Delivered-To
> header. Before that I've checked the headers inserted by Postfix.
>
> Knows someone what is the correct address format in the Delivered-To
> header? Any RFC, …?

According to http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html, the Delivered-To
header is part of the qmail system.

HISTORY
   The Delivered-To: message header appears in the qmail sys-
   tem by Daniel Bernstein.

"In order to stop mail forwarding loops early, the software adds an
optional Delivered-To: header with the final envelope recipient
address."

I need the +extension, so I interpret "the final envelope recipient
address" to include the +extension :-)

/Per Jessen, Zürich