[Dovecot] Delivered-To header without +extension ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Fri Jan 21 11:30:50 EET 2011

Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 2011-01-20 4:06 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
>> I've been reading
>> a bit, and I think the issue is that postfix adds X-Original-To when
>> delivering to a mailbox - which delivery via smtp/lmtp isn't.
>>
>> I'm not sure if postfix should be adding it - postfix applies
>> virtual_aliases_maps, then delivers to dovecot via lmtp (set up via
>> virtual_transport) - without X-Original-To, the information
>> of "original recipient" is lost at this point.
>
> Yikes... I've been planning on switching to LMTP for delivery, but
> this would be a show-stopper...
>
> Please keep us updated on what you find out...

It looks like the issue was discussed here:

http://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=118852762117587

Wietse concludes that the virtual aliasing would be better done on the
final station, i.e. dovecot.  Personally I don't need the X-Original-To
header, but it does seem like it ought to be written by <whatever> is
chosen as virtual_transport, rather than only virtual or pipe.

/Per Jessen, Zürich